Oklahoma State women’s basketball a finalist for ‘Together We R’ Team Award
The Oklahoma State women’s basketball team is one of three finalists for the inaugural Russell Athletic “Together We R” Team Award, an honor given to a team that has ” strived to succeed in the face of adversity, overcoming extraordinary circumstances such as an unforeseen team crisis, barrier or unfortunate situation that caused extra stress.” The award is given by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA).
OSU coach Kurt Budke and assistant Miranda Serna, along with two others, were killed in a plane crash in November. Jim Littell took over as head coach, and the Cowgirls finished the season 16-12 and will host Central Arkansas in the first round of the WNIT Friday night. They were one of the “first four out” of the field of 64 for the NCAA Tournament.
Check out this video made for the fan voting portion of the selection process. Fans can vote by “liking” this video. The video with the most “likes” will earn one vote for when the selection committee picks a final winner. The winner will be announced April 2 in Denver as part of the WBCA National Convention and NCAA Women’s Final Four.
Indiana Wesleyan and Middle Tennessee State are the other finalists.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients