Oklahoma State Football Practice Report
Mike Gundy talks about how the program has changed since his first year as head coach. Listen to the audio at the link below.
STILLWATER, Okla. – Back in town after taking last week off for spring break, the Oklahoma State football team practiced Monday dressed in shorts and no pads for a two-hour session in warm conditions on the Boone Pickens Stadium turf.
After practice, coach Mike Gundy spoke about what he saw from the team and how the program has changed since he first took over as head coach:
On Monday’s Practice:
“Overall, we had a pretty good practice for the first day back from spring break. Our tempo was good. Players were mentally into practice. We still have a long way to go with young players that need to learn to do all of the little things correctly – taking care of the football, forcing turnovers, all those things that are critical in winning football games.”
On the differences between spring practice now versus in his first year as a head coach:
“We can run two units full speed in team period and we’re pretty successful. We can actually run some threes in there and still run plays. When we first started, we had no chance to run threes. We could barely run twos, so we’ve improved in our depth and our players understand who we are and our tempo. That’s made us a better football team.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients