OSU Hoops: Future Pokes Spur Optimism
Still seeking optimism for Cowboys basketball?
It keeps coming.
OSU’s Flower Mound Marcus duo – Marcus Smart and Phil Forte – hasn’t slowed down since winning a second straightTexasprep state title.
Over the weekend, they played in the Kentucky Derby Festival Basketball Classic and starred, even with their team losing 130-127.
Smart scored eight points, grabbed a game-high 15 rebounds and handed out 11 assists for the Black squad. Forte scored 12 points, all coming on 3-pointers, as he finished 4 of 7 from beyond the arc.
Smart also won the slam-dunk competition, taking the title in a “dunk off.” A 6-4 guard, Smart did a back flip at the foul line, then caught a pass off the backboard for a reverse dunk.
Forte won the 3-point contest, scoring 19 points in the finals. It was Forte’s second national 3-point competition in a week, after he won a title at the Final Four inNew Orleans.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients