Oklahoma State QB decision may not come Wednesday
Following Oklahoma State’s spring finale on Saturday afternoon, coach Mike Gundy told us about this magical meeting between him and the offensive staff taking place on Wednesday. The topic: quarterbacks. The goal: name a starter going into the summer.
Tonight, Oklahoma State sent out a press release saying this:
“We just want to give you a heads-up that it is not necessarily a given that Oklahoma State will have an update on its quarterbacks tomorrow. If we have something, we will certainly share it with you, but please don’t view it as an absolute that an announcement is coming tomorrow.”
This is something that my partner, John Helsley, and I have heard some rumblings about the last couple days. That certainly doesn’t mean that a starter will not be named tomorrow. And the possibility has always existed that a starter would not be named after the meeting. People change their minds. That statement could also simply mean that an announcement could come, say, Friday instead of Wednesday.
I know Gundy wants to name a starter in the very near future. He said it before practices began last month. He said it at every media availability throughout the spring. He said it Saturday multiple times.
I also know offensive coordinator Todd Monken was more hesitant about this when I spoke to him before the spring began. He didn’t come out and say that the Cowboys weren’t ready to name a starter after the spring finale, but I can’t imagine his feelings have changed much, based on how close this race has been. He did say in March that he for sure wanted to narrow it down to two quarterbacks before fall camp, however.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients