Todd Monken responds to Landry Jones quote
A comment Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Todd Monken made in an ESPN.com story about the Cowboys’ quarterback competition created some controversy Thursday–because the comment was made about Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones.
“It didn’t take long when ol’ (Ryan) Broyles went down and (the Sooners) started running the dozer to think: ‘Do we have our guy? That didn’t take long. Landry went from like, ‘I’m the man to all of a sudden, ‘I haven’t thrown a touchdown pass, I’m fumbling it over my head at Oklahoma State. I gotta go back and see my quarterback guru.’”
Monken responded to the story on Friday.
“I want to apologize to Landry Jones and to the Oklahoma football program for using them as a specific example to illustrate a point concerning how quickly an injury to a key player can impact how a team plays. While speaking to a visiting member of the media about the importance of a quarterback’s confidence and demeanor and about how quickly things can change in football, I made the mistake of making a specific reference to illustrate my point.”
You can read Mike Baldwin’s take on the quote here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3494Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3437Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3281Oklahoma softball: Keilani Ricketts and Sooners beat the heat as they hold off Arkansas
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients