Cowboys Baseball: Doing The Little Things
By John Helsley
follow on Twitter @jjhelsley
OSU gets a weekend off from Big 12 play – and what should be a weekend off from major competition – with a three-game series against Alcorn State.
So there’s still time to reflect back on Bedlam.
Sunday’s Bedlam finale provided some fascinating inside-the-game moments, the kind of little stuff that true baseball fans acknowledge and enjoy.
And the kind of little stuff that can define a season, as both the Cowboys and Sooners know.
OSU is riding one of the nation’s hottest stretches, because in tight games – which the Cowboys seem to constantly find themselves in – they’re making plays that seemed to avoid them in the season’s first two months.
The little things.
Take this moment from the Sunday game: scoreless, bottom of the third, one out, runner at third for the Cowboys.
Robbie Rea is batting – and battling. He missed a safety squeeze sign early in the count, resulting in Hunter Bailey getting caught stealing second, so he better be battling. Well, Rea keeps fouling off 3-2 pitches from OU’s Dillon Overton, finally drawing a walk on the 10th pitch, leading to a high-pitch, high-stress inning for the Sooner pitcher.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3650George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3440Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3341Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients