Rookie Roundup: Former Oklahoma State players in NFL rookie minicamps
Checking on some former Oklahoma State players who were in NFL rookie minicamps either this past weekend or the weekend before that:
Justin Blackmon missed the last day of Jaguars’ minicamp with a sore right foot, but is scheduled to be back to practice when OTAs begin Tuesday. “We saw what we had to see [the first two days] and got a good chance to install and be around him and him be around us,” coach Mike Mularkey said. “We just felt it would smart on his part if we just held him out of the drills and have him ready to go with OTAs. …Is it worth the risk [to have him practice]? Why push it at this point when we’ve really got 15 practices still to go [in the offseason].” (Via the Florida Times-Union)
Brandon Weeden is ready to compete with Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace for the Browns’ starting quarterback job. “Obviously, we’re all here and we’re going to help each other,” Weeden said. “We’re human beings. That’s really what it comes down to. I’m going to be asking questions to those guys. They’ve been doing it for a couple years. Seneca for 10.” Story also features some funny comments from Josh Cooper (who reportedly had an impressive camp) about a Weeden ball dislocating two of his fingers his sophomore season at OSU and about Weeden being mobile “for how old he is.” (Via the Cleveland Plain Dealer)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients