A look inside the Justin Blackmon coverage in Jacksonville
Justin Blackmon’s DUI arrest early Sunday morning is obviously big news here in Oklahoma, given his status as one of the most famous athletes in the state.
But how is playing in Jacksonville? The Jaguars traded up to draft Blackmon and make him a critical offensive playmaker. They are going to pay him tons of money. And then he gets arrested for an alcohol-related incident for the second time in less than two years.
Florida Times-Union columnist Gene Frenette has been blogging about Blackmon quite a bit and offering quite a strong stance.
Jags beat writer Vito Stellino has been on the news side of the story out there. What really grabbed me here is this: “A 220-pound male drinking 12 drinks in one hour would have a blood-alcohol level of 0.24.” Yikes.
Blackmon entered a plea of not guilty Monday. His next court date is July 24. The Jaguars begin training camp July 27. Blackmon has been participating in offseason workouts but has not signed his rookie contract yet.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7196Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6116Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6096Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients