OSU basketball: Cowboys lose out on coveted recruit
Shaka Smart’s rapidly ascending VCU program has taken the NCAA by storm. And now, it’s growing ripples have reached Stillwater.
Jairus Lyles, a highly coveted 2013 shooting guard from Hyattsville, Md., committed to the Rams on Sunday, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Lyles had plenty of interest across the country, but a standing offer and mutual interest from Oklahoma State, one of the schools considered to be the favorite to land him.
It’s not a huge loss for Travis Ford, who has put together back-to-back solid classes, but it was one of his top targets in the 2013 group.
Still number one on Ford’s list is five-star California guard Isaac Hamilton, considered to be one of the top recruits in the nation.
Additionally, Scout reports that OSU is interested in Booker T. guard Juwan Parker, Edmond Memorial guard Jordan Woodard and Texas guard Kendal Harris.
It’s still very early in the process, with signing day Nov. 18, but OSU has already lost out on one of its main targets.
Here’s Jairus Lyles’ Rivals recruiting page.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients