Mike Gundy calls Big 12 unity ‘better than ever’
During the height of conference realignment last fall, Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy sounded off at a press conference, expressing sadness and frustration that Missouri and Texas A&M were departing for the SEC and the Big Eight/Big 12 environment he’s been surrounded by for most of his playing and coaching career seemed to be deteriorating.
But with the additions of TCU and West Virginia stabilizing the conference, Gundy said Tuesday the unity of the Big 12 is “better than ever.”
“I’ve said this from Day 1 … I’m a Big Eight/Big 12 guy,” Gundy said. “I hated to see Missouri leave. I hated to see A&M leave. But once it took place, there’s not two better choices than what we got, for various reasons.
“It worked out good, and now everybody’s tied in together and the strength of our league is just starting to grow.”
The Cowboys play both of the Big 12 newbies at home this season, with TCU visiting Boone Pickens Stadium on Oct. 27 and West Virginia on Nov. 10.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients