More from Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State players on Wes Lunt
I wrote about Wes Lunt, arguably the most talked-about quarterback not in Dallas for Big 12 Media Days, for Wednesday’s paper.
Here are some additional quotes from the Cowboys about their freshman signal-caller.
Coach Mike Gundy
“Wes has to understand his role. He’s got a number of players that can really help him. Get the ball to those guys and not try to do too much. He can’t put a lot of pressure on himself. You can’t perform well in any sport playing under pressure.”
“I didn’t like the way that ours (quarterback competition) was (in 2007) with Zac Robinson and Bobby Reid, when it went through the summer and into camp. I was not comfortable at all with how the way it played out. If we had a guy that deserved it (we wanted to name him the starter after spring ball). If we didn’t have a guy that deserved it, we wouldn’t have named one. But if we did, I wanted to do it now and not let it linger through the summer.”
Offensive lineman Lane Taylor
“He’s progressed a lot. When he first got here, he had that deer-in-the-headlight look, like any freshman does. He gets here and everybody’s all chiseled and everything. He’s really developed. I can see that he’s a lot more comfortable really understanding the offense and getting a good grasp of it.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients