Oklahoma State’s elder statesman: Lane Taylor
Oklahoma State right guard Lane Taylor is by far the Cowboys’ most experienced player returning in 2012, compiling 36 career starts.
Does he feel like the old guy on the squad?
“I do,” Taylor said with a laugh during OSU’s turn at Big 12 Media Days on Tuesday in Dallas. “There are a couple guys with like five or six starts, and I’m over here with like 36. I’m like, ‘Golly, how long have I been here?’”
Another sign of Taylor’s maturity? He got married in May. And with the departure of Brandon Weeden and Grant Garner, Taylor is now the only Cowboy who has tied the knot.
“It’s a blessing to have your best friend, your wife, with you every day,” Lane said. “(She is) someone that supports you. She pushes me to be good, also. Not many people get to say that. (Married life is) a lot different, and it’s nice.”
One teeny, tiny problem, though. Lane’s wife, Kasey, grew up in a family of OU fans and still owns plenty of crimson gear.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients