Preseason bowl projections tab Oklahoma State for Cotton, Alamo Bowl
Bowl projections on the last day of July are about as meaningful (read: silly) as preseason polls, All-Conference teams and player award watch lists.
But they sure are good talking points.
Some national outlets are already predicting how the bowl season will shake out, and here’s where Oklahoma State is projected to land.
CBS Sports: Cotton Bowl vs. Arkansas
Analysis: Jerry Palm, a well-known BCS guru and bowl projector, predicts the Cowboys to finish No. 2 in the Big 12 behind Oklahoma, which will land in the Fiesta Bowl. This would be a matchup between two dynamic running backs in OSU’s Joseph Randle and Arkansas’ Knile Davis.
Phil Steele: Cotton Bowl vs. Arkansas
Analysis: Steele picks the Cowboys to finish third in the Big 12, with the Sooners in the national championship game and Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. Again, this would be a great offensive showdown, featuring veteran signal-caller Tyler Wilson (one of the top NFL prospects heading into 2012) and young gun Wes Lunt.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients