Ford Names Familiar Trio Captains For 2012-13
From the moment they arrived on campus together, Markel Brown, Brian Williams and Michael Cobbins have been inseparable, even with Williams and Cobbins redshirting their first seasons.
Before ever playing a game, they made a splash with their entertaining video tour of the Cowboys new locker room.
Now they’re being grouped together officially – as OSU basketball captains for the 2012-13 season.
Cowboys coach Travis Ford announced the trio of captains today, with the team on its way to Spain for an international tour of sightseeing and games. It’s an interesting selection of captains, with Brown a junior and the other two redshirt sophomores.
Not that age necessarily has anything to do with maturity.
During a break in the trip, we caught up with Cobbins before he embarked on a food find at the Atlanta airport.
There’s no breaking you three guys up, huh?
“It seems like everything we do, we do it together.”
As a young guy in the program, what does it mean to you?
“It’s just a great honor that the coaches would put this much responsibility on me. It means I have to help lead my team and help in a way that helps them be better players.”
What do you see as the most important role for you guys as captains this season?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients