Mike Gundy ‘pushing’ for orange helmets at Oklahoma State
Count Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy as a passenger on the bandwagon that wants to add orange helmets to the Cowboys’ uniform repertoire. He may even be the driver.
Gundy said during Tuesday’s Cowboy Caravan in Oklahoma City that he’s been “pushing” for orange lids ever since Nike decided to supply OSU with a wide variety of uniform combinations.
And he did not completely rule out the possibility of them being added to the fold this coming season.
“I still think there’s a chance that we could have orange helmets this year,” Gundy said. “Believe it or not, there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes with Nike and representatives with the helmet companies and if they think they’re marketable or not marketable and all this and that.
“I am all for the orange helmets, because I think that would give us a nice little addition to our package.”
Currently, the Cowboys have white, black and gray helmets. Should orange helmets be added to the current lineup of uniform options, that would give the Cowboys 64 possible combinations.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients