OSU football: Mike Gundy talks season ticket record
By Anthony Slater
Success breeds interest. Interest generates tickets. Tickets produce money.
It’s a little more complex, with other factors and figures involved, but that formula essentially explains the rapid growth of Oklahoma State football’s active fanbase, exhibited by the now-annual announcement of a season ticket sales record.
Yesterday, the total public (non-student) season ticket number hit 36,668, a new high mark. Soon, OSU will pass its overall (public + students) total of 48,714.
And Tuesday, coach Mike Gundy, who has overseen the rapid overhaul of the program he quarterbacked in the 80’s, talked about the growing attendance.
“People that are in this department rely on us to make money,” Gundy said. “So when we sell suites out and we sell 50,000 season tickets, we are making money. From that standpoint, we are glad that football can contribute and help to carry the load. I think it shows a lot about what our players have done, because there’s no way we could do it without them…They deserve credit because obviously people want to come watch them.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients