Cowboys Maintain Turnover Focus
OSU’s defense had its critics a year ago. And by the numbers, some of it was understandable.
The Cowboys, after all, ranked No. 107 in total defense, a point pounded home by national analysts.
Yet those same critics either ignored, or dismissed as luck, another number of note: No. 1, the defense’s ranking in takeaways. And they’re back at it again, with many suggesting the Cowboys can’t possibly keep it up.
In Stillwater, however, the Pokes are more determined than ever to force turnovers, not only in halting opponents but to ease some of the pressure on an offense breaking in a freshman quarterback in Wes Lunt.
“It’s a point of emphasis,” said OSU defensive coordinator Bill Young. “And gosh, we better emphasize it, because it’s going to be a difference for our football team. We’ve got to help the offense, shorten the field and give them good field position. We did a little bit of that last year and it’s something we’ve got to do this season.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6410Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6209Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients