USA Today ranks Arizona Stadium as fourth-best in Pac-12
According to USA Today, next week Oklahoma State will travel to the fourth-best stadium in the Pac-12 when it faces Arizona in Tucson.
Here’s how the newspaper ranked the conference’s venues:
1. Oregon (Autzen Stadium)
2. Utah (Rice-Eccles Stadium)
3. USC (Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum)
4. Arizona (Arizona Stadium)
5. Stanford (Stanford Stadium)
6. Arizona State (Sun Devil Stadium)
7. Oregon State (Reser Stadium)
8. Colorado (Folsom Field)
9. California (Memorial Stadium)
10. UCLA (Rose Bowl)
11. Washington State (Martin Stadium)
N/A Washington (Husky Stadium currently under renovation)
As many of you know, I hail from Pac-12 country. Phoenix, specifically. I’ve seen games at seven of these stadiums, and I don’t exactly agree with this list.
Arizona has a very rowdy crowd environment, mostly because its student section takes up an entire side of the lower bowl. All that red looks absolutely awesome in person and on TV. But the stadium itself needs an overhaul, and there’s nothing particularly special about the scenery or anything like that. Overall, it’s nowhere near the stadium setting that Autzen, the Rose Bowl or the Coliseum provides.
Here’s how I’d rank the Pac-12 stadiums I’ve visited.
4. Arizona State
7. California (before the renovation)
Of course, this is one gal’s opinion. Although Tucson Citizen beat writer Anthony Gimino seems to agree with me, as he tweeted “Arizona Stadium fourth?!” when he posted the link to the USA Today story earlier this evening.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients