Oklahoma State ranked No. 9 in preseason FEI poll
A lot of you will recall the story I wrote last season about Oklahoma State’s extremely high defensive Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI) rating, a football version of sabermetrics developed by Brian Fremeau of footballoutsiders.com that adds context when evaluating performance such as pace of play, “garbage time” and strength of schedule.
This week, Fremeau released his preseason overall FEI ratings, or 2012 “projected ratings”, and OSU comes in at No. 9. You can also easily view various ratings over the past 10 years at that page.
Much like his offensive and defensive FEI ratings, a lot of variables over a five-year program are taken into account here, such as FEI ratings, recruiting success, returning starters and quarterback reliance.
Here’s the top 10:
1. Alabama .286
2. Oklahoma .277
3. LSU .267
4. USC .223
5. Florida .218
6. Florida State .215
7. Ohio State .210
8. Oregon .206
9. Oklahoma State .204
10. Georgia .202
Enjoy, stat nerds.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients