Tailgate Blog: Introducing the Bar Monkey
Welcome to our first installment of the OSU Tailgate Blog!
Today, I wanted to see who would already be tailgating at 9 a.m. for a 6 p.m. kickoff. After driving around the stadium a couple times to find the most-populated area, I decided on a grass lot on Duck St. near Hall of Fame.
That’s when I met Dan and Matt Hensley, Kevin Noel and Brian Pfenniger.
They already had their tent set up, a brand new flat screen TV in the 46-50-inch range ready to go and a Pistol Pete head for good measure. They’ve been regulars at their spot near the entrance of the lot for about four years, and expected their group to grow to about 20 people by the afternoon.
What’s on the menu?
Lots of cheese. Cheesy bratwurst. Chili cheese fries.
Triple stuff oreos. Yes, they apparently they make these now. Layer of white cream and a layer of chocolate cream. Initiate sugar coma.
Then they told me I had to meet Mike Wilson and Shane Caldwell, who have used their OSU engineering degrees to build perhaps the greatest tailgate invention I’ve ever seen.
Let me introduce you to the Bar Monkey.
The contraption, inside a trailer, features 32 drink varieties, including alcohol, soda and other mixers. Which means it can make 806 possible drink combinations.
Simply tap all the ingredients you want to mix. Or, you can sort by popularity, incredients, strength of drink (which is hilariously marked by a crossbones logo) or other various search options. Then you select the size of your cup, if it has ice, etc., so the correct measurements for the ingredients can be calculated.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients