G.E. Beard was the lone holdout in the Tulsa stands during the storm
TULSA — G.E. Beard didn’t want to leave his seat in Section 118. Even if there was a severe storm bearing down on H.A. Chapman Stadium.
Beard, a TU season-ticket holder and former Tulsa police officer who lives in Skiatook, is at Saturday’s game with his wife, Linda, and his daughter, Amy. They didn’t want to wait the storm out, but G.E. didn’t want to get up.
So he stayed in his seat through the whole thing. From what I could tell, he was the only fan in the stadium that didn’t seek shelter.
“I’m just a hard-headed old man,” Beard told me after the storm started to die down.
Beard is a 1979 Tulsa University graduate, and Linda is an OSU graduate.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17652Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13467Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11283Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10735'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10251Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10005Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6673Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6352Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6100Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients