Shaun Lewis Could Have Been An Aggie
By John Helsley
follow on twitter @jjhelsley
Shaun Lewis grew up in Missouri City, Texas.
“It’s about an hour drive from my home to Kyle Field,” Lewis said this week.
Lewis, for sure, knows the way. And the familiarity will extend to the other sideline and into the stands Saturday, when his Cowboys collide with Texas A&M in one of the nation’s spotlight games.
“I played against a lot of people in high school who go to A&M,” he said, “so it’s going to be a fun game.”
That could have been Lewis in maroon, too, if he’d paid more attention to the Aggies as a youngster.
“As a kid, I didn’t really follow A&M,” Lewis said. “I didn’t really get into college football until high school.”
Good thing, since Lewis, as a sophomore, is already one of the Cowboys’ top defenders. OSU’s only returning starter at linebacker, he’s become a stabilizing force for guys like Caleb Lavey and Alex Elkins, who are learning on the job at the other linebacker spots.
Good thing, too, since the Aggies were hot and heavy after Lewis as a prep star.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4210Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3961OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3936As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients