Oklahoma State racking up awards following Texas A&M win
Are there any quarterback awards that Brandon Weeden did not win after his record-breaking performance in Saturday’s comeback win against Texas A&M?
Here’s the list of honors he’s picked up in the past three days:
Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week
Walter Camp National Player of the Week
Rivals.com National Player of the Week
Davey O’Brien Award National Quarterback of the Week
Manning Award Star of the Week
Nominated for ESPN All-America Player of the Week
Nominated for Capital One Cup Impact Performance of the Week
Of course, Weeden has been putting up big numbers all season. But this is another example of what a sensational performance in a high-profile game can do as far as national notoriety goes. A lot of people clearly took notice of his school records for completions (47), attempts (60) and passing yards (438) and his role in leading the OSU comeback in the second half.
I wrote today that Weeden’s showing on Saturday should officially put him in the conversation as a serious Heisman contender, so that’s where I stand on things.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients