Cowboys Through 4 Games: What We’ve Learned
By John Helsley
follow on twitter @jjhelsley
We’re already 1/3 of the way through the football season.
Doesn’t seem possible, probably because so much of the meat in the schedule remains ahead for the Cowboys, Saturday’s game against Kansas not included.
Still, fresh from an off week (and entering another?), four games provide a good checkpoint to consider the things we’ve learned so far in 2011.
A list of five:
1. Mental Toughness. This team has already endured a weather-delayed game played in the wee-morning hours – the bars beat the coaches at last call! – and a 20-3 deficit at one of the nation’s toughest venues to start 4-0. We saw the makings of a mentally tough team a year ago, when the Cowboys rolled unbeaten on the road. We’ve now seen more, which should suggest that this team can handle anything that stands in their way from this point on, including more rugged road tests.
2. Loaded Gun.
The Cowboys roll with the best in the weapons race, with an offense expanding well beyond Weeden2Blackmon. Sure, Brandon Weeden-to-Justin Blackmon remains a premium production, but these Pokes can pick teams apart in a variety of ways, whether charging with running backs Joseph Randle and Jeremy Smith, or spreading the wealth through the air with a deep wideout rotation that includes Josh Cooper, Tracy Moore, Hubert Anyiam, Michael Harrison and more.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5743Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5628OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 5567Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients