St. Mary's Episcopal School in Edmond names new leader
EDMOND — Pamela Dockter will become the new head of school at St. Mary's Episcopal School on July 1.
Dockter comes to St. Mary's with more than 20 years of service in education, including positions with Villa Teresa Elementary School in Oklahoma City, and Will Rogers, Clegern and John Ross elementary schools in Edmond. She also was head of the lower school at Heritage Hall School in Oklahoma City for eight years.
Her career also has included teaching positions in Texas as well at St. Mary's Episcopal School in the late 1980s.
“There were several things that drew me to St. Mary's, including the commitment of the school's leadership and parents to the children's moral, intellectual and personal development,” Dockter said. “The talent, passion and enthusiasm of the faculty were inspiring.”
With a bachelor's degree in elementary and middle school education, Dockter also earned her master's in early childhood education with a certification in elementary and middle school administration.
She will be the third head of school in the school's 36-year history.
“St. Mary's is a unique and wonderful community with a future as bright as its past,” Dockter said. “I am honored to be the third head of school following the footsteps of Nancy Hetherington.”
Hetherington will retire in May.
Don Lees, chair of the search committee and vice president of the school's board of directors, said, “I was privileged to be a part of selecting Mrs. Dockter and feel very confident that she will continue the mission and the culture of our great school. On behalf of the entire search committee and the board of directors, we are very pleased to have Mrs. Dockter become a part of the St. Mary's family.”
Gayle Jones is director of development and marketing for St. Mary's Episcopal School.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients