Kevin Durant plays intramural flag football at Oklahoma State
So, Kevin Durant tweets Monday night that he’s bored with the NBA lockout and asks if there are any flag football games going on in Oklahoma City. Kid tweets back at him about a game on the Oklahoma State campus. And this is the result:
Yep, that’s one of the NBA’s biggest stars spending his Halloween night playing intramural flag football with a bunch of OSU students.
The power of Twitter/social media continues to amaze me. It’s how KD put out to the world that he was looking for something to do, and it’s how George Overbey invited him to play. Here’s a rundown of their Twitter exchange:
@KDTrey5: This lockout is really boring…anybody playing flag football in Okc…
@groverbey: Got a game tonight in Stillwater!! I need a deep threat!!
@KDTrey5: can I play
@groverbey: Can you catch?? Weve won the ‘ship for 3 years! Tonight @ 10
@groverbey: Only if you bring your A game. Yes for real! Come up early and hangout, go over some plays.
And Twitter is how word spread that he was in town. Shoot, it’s how I knew he was in town. When I arrived at the field, there were probably about 1,000 people there, maybe more. I’m terrible at estimating crowd size.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients