K-State Carries Special Meaning For Randle
By John Helsley
follow on twitter @jjhelsley
Feel good, Cowboys fans, that Joseph Randle wears orange (or black or gray, whichever it may be) tonight, and not purple.
A star running back out of Wichita, Kansas, Randle might have made Manhattan home. Kansas State coaches made their case and had Randle’s attention.
“They definitely were a serious contender,” Randle said this week. “But I really wanted to come here.”
As always, Randle is a key figure when Oklahoma State takes on K-State in the first-ever meeting featuring both as ranked teams. And don’t be surprised if Randle has a little extra giddyup due to the matchup.
“Yeah, because you know the players on that team,” Randle said. “I know players on that team personally. When I go home, we still hang out and go bowling and stuff like that. It’s going to be special.”
There’s a Wichita connection at play in this game, with Randle on one side and Arthur and Bryce Brown, Tyson Hartman, Chris Harper, Anthony and Jack Cantele, DeMarcus Robinson,Dorrian Roberts and Matthew Pearson all from Wichita.
“A lot of those guys, they come back to Wichita and hang out,” Randle said. “Yeah, it’s going to be special.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients