Oklahoma State’s mysterious No. 47 identified
When the Oklahoma State players and coaches sang the alma mater following the Cowboys’ 84-0 drubbing of Savannah State Saturday night, true freshman quarterback Wes Lunt had his right arm around the shoulders of a guy wearing a No. 47 jersey.
Naturally, plenty of cameras captured the moment. And, of course, the common practice for the photographer is to use a caption to identify the people in the shot.
The problem? There was no No. 47 on the roster. Bigger problem? Even after some quick investigating following the game Saturday night, OSU officials still didn’t know who that player was.
But the mystery has since been solved.
It was sophomore linebacker Kyle Culver, who had switched his number from 32 to 47 prior to the game. The walk-on from Pawhuska had been wearing the same number as fellow linebacker Kris Catlin, which ultimately did not make much sense since they play the same position.
Culver’s number has since been updated on the OSU website. We can all breathe easy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients