OSU football: Mike Gundy responds to the ‘lackadaisical’ practice comment
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
After an unimpressive showing in the desert, Oklahoma State held a reflective media session on Monday afternoon.
And answering an innocent question about the team’s performance, Cooper Bassett mentioned that he felt the team may have been “lackadaisical” in recent practices.
The passionate defensive end’s comment was shipped off to Twitter and immediately caused a slight digital stir from some OSU faithful.
Fans asked: “How could the coaches allow that to happen?”
Here’s Mike Gundy’s response to the comment and concern:
“Our practices were good, not great. They weren’t bad,” Gundy said Monday afternoon. “Because if they’re bad, I know that usually. But I just thought they were good, not great. And unfortunately, and I told the staff this, what contributed to it was that it was 107 degrees for three days in a row. And they hadn’t been challenged because we hadn’t really played. They just went through the motions and were good, not great. They just didn’t perform like they should have, but it wasn’t so bad that I was alarmed.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients