David Glidden’s number change likely means he’s Oklahoma State’s new punt returner
Oklahoma State officially changed David Glidden’s number from No. 6 to No. 13 Friday afternoon, citing that if he kept his old number, there would be two players wearing No. 6 (Glidden and Ashton Lampkin) running around together on special teams.
Since Quinn Sharp also wears No. 13, we can rule out Glidden playing on the kickoff coverage, punt coverage and field goal/extra point teams. That leaves the punt return, kickoff return and field goal/extra point block teams.
It likely means Glidden is the Cowboys’ new punt returner.
This is ultimately who the coaching staff wanted returning punts all along. Glidden worked back there a lot during the spring before an ankle injury near the end of those workouts kept him out of the spring finale and all of fall camp. Then he tweaked a hamstring, keeping him out of OSU’s first two games. He was not listed on Friday’s injury report, which means he will be available to play against Louisiana-Lafayette.
Without Glidden, finding a new punt returner to replace Josh Cooper has been a bit of an adventure. Charlie Moore has tallied six returns for 55 yards (9.2 average), while Lampkin and Caleb Muncrief also returned punts against Savannah State.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3471Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3463Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3304As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients