Injury update: Oklahoma State starting center Evan Epstein out against Louisiana-Lafayette
Oklahoma State starting center Evan Epstein will miss Saturday’s contest against Louisiana-Lafayette, according to an injury report released by the school Friday morning.
Epstein was injured while attempting to run down Arizona safety Jared Tevis after he had intercepted Cowboy quarterback Wes Lunt. He was seen favoring his left foot or ankle as he was helped off the field.
Epstein’s absence means that sophomore Jake Jenkins will make his first-career start at center against the Ragin’ Cajuns. He has played the position in relief in both of the Cowboys’ games so far this season. Redshirt freshman Travis Cross will be the backup center.
Also out for OSU this week are cornerback Andrae May (knee), linebacker Lyndell Johnson (foot/ankle) and wide receiver Austin Hays (undisclosed). Inside receiver Torrance Carr (foot) and linebacker Alex Elkins (undisclosed) are questionable to play.
Set to return from injury this week are inside receiver/punt returner David Glidden, defensive end Tyler Johnson and defensive end Jimmy Bean.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients