OSU hoops: JUCO point guard Chad Frazier talks about his commitment to the Cowboys
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
For the second time in four months, Travis Ford has dipped into the junior college ranks for point guard help.
On Monday, the Cowboys received a commitment from Chad Frazier, a 6-foot-4 combo from Charlotte who’s scheduled to arrive with the 2013 class. JUCO guard Kirby Gardner joined the current roster in June.
“I called Coach Ford today, around about 12, told him I wanted to commit,” Frazier confirmed over the phone. “Oklahoma State’s where I want to be.”
Last season, Frazier starred at Gulf Coast Community College in Florida, averaging 15 points (shooting 40 percent from three) and just over two assists per game.
“I play the one, play the point guard down here,” Frazier said. “I can score it, shoot the three, shoot the midrange well. I like to get my teammates involved, but I was in a situation last year where I had to score for us to win. So that’s what I did.”
Frazier wasn’t recruited heavily out of high school because, by his junior year, it was apparent he wouldn’t academically qualify. But after one season in junior college, where he played well and maintained good grades (3.3 GPA), he’s received growing interest.
Recently, Frazier was offered by Pittsburgh, Washington State and Memphis, among others. Kansas showed interest, but never offered.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3630College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3354Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients