Likely start for J.W. Walsh just as exciting for buddy Josh Stewart
J.W. Walsh, who is likely to start at quarterback for Oklahoma State against No. 12 Texas Saturday night, admits the past two weeks have been a bit crazy.
Since stepping in for an injured Wes Lunt — and leading an offense that put up a school-record 742 yards — against Louisiana-Lafayette, his phone has been buzzing more. He stood at a podium to address reporters after the ULL game, then had cameras surrounding him at Monday’s media luncheon as he talked about preparing to make his first collegiate start against the Longhorns if Lunt’s injury keeps him out.
But it’s also been special for Cowboy receiver Josh Stewart. These two share a bond that goes way beyond friends or high school teammates, and they hooked up for two touchdowns in the Cowboys’ 65-24 win against the Ragin’ Cajuns.
“It’s a heart-dropping feeling,” Stewart said. “This whole past week, people have been sending us pictures of us kind of celebrating in the end zone and stuff. And then just looking at those pictures, it’s just crazy. It definitely wows you.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients