Tailgate blog: Orange Power
Understandably, the pregame tailgating atmosphere around Boone Pickens Stadium was much more lively than the last OSU game, an 11 a.m. kickoff against Louisiana-Lafayette. With perfect weather (cool temperatures and no trace of rain as of 6 p.m.) and all day to “enjoy,” it was one of the better tailgating environments I’ve been around.
And, as expected, there was a lot of orange. Most bright, but plenty of burnt mixed in.
Here are some photos I snapped of the sights, as well as some that fans submitted to me via Twitter (@ginamizell)
Tents along Hall of Fame Avenue.
Tailgates along the lawn
A view of the stadium and foot traffic
And outside of Joe
Tailgating with the enemy (submitted by @jeremyrooks)
“We don’t need no stinkin’ paddles…” (submitted by @danofict)
These folks are excited (submitted by @BurtRogers)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients