Texas coach Mack Brown: Longhorns prepared for backup QB J.W. Walsh, not Wes Lunt
Texas coach Mack Brown never believed Wes Lunt would start at quarterback for Oklahoma State Saturday night against the Longhorns.
He said as much during the weekly Big 12 football coaches media teleconference, citing the video footage that captured the left knee injury Lunt sustained early in the Cowboys’ win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Sept. 15.
“What we have to do is look at the video and try to figure out, after 37 years of this stuff, if he was on our team, would he be playing or not?” Brown said. “After watching the injury, we did not think he would play.”
OSU had listed Lunt “or” backup J.W. Walsh as the projected starter against the Longhorns. OSU coach Mike Gundy also said during his press conference last week that the medical staff was encouraged by Lunt’s recovery, and that he would not completely rule out Lunt starting against UT. OSU then did not release its normal weekly injury report on Friday, which would have included Lunt’s status for the game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3755Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3751Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3590As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients