By the numbers: Oklahoma State offensive numbers still high, turnovers forced still low
We all know that the numbers don’t tell the whole story. But each week, we’ll update where Oklahoma State ranks in the NCAA’s major statistical categories.
What sticks out this week
Offensive numbers are still high after scoring 36 points and compiling 576 yards against Texas
Pretty dramatic turnaround so far in total defense from last season (107th, 456 yards allowed per game) to this season (54th so far, 364 yards per game). The Cowboys have also been good against the run, something coach Mike Gundy said he’s been happy with in the early part of the season. The difference? The Cowboys still aren’t forcing turnovers in 2012. And thus, more drives are ending in points, as OSU ranks 89th in scoring defense (31 points per game).
Biggest stat tumble? OSU went from tied for sixth in kickoff return defense (14.50 yards per return) to 119th (29.67 yards per return). That’s what happens when you give up a 100-yarder for a touchdown.
After allowing Texas to convert 9-of-17 on third down, OSU dropped from 32nd to 67th in that category.
Top of the heap
1. Scoring offense: 55.75 points per game
1. Total offense: 659 yards per game
T1. Red zone offense: 100 percent
2. Third down conversion percentage: 58.93 percent
2. First down offense: 31.50 per game
6. Passing offense: 359 yards per game
7. Rushing offense: 300 yards per game
T7. Sacks allowed: 0.50 per game
19. Passing efficiency: 160.57
20. Tackles for loss: 7.75 per game
T20. Fumbles lost: 2
22. Kickoff returns: 26.13 yards per return
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients