Oklahoma State C Evan Epstein ready for eight games in eight weeks
Conference realignment is largely to blame for the scheduling quirk that gave OSU two byes in three weeks.
That means the Cowboys don’t have any more weekends off — which usually allows players to travel home to visit their families or simply take some time to relax. Instead, they will play eight games in eight weeks to finish the season.
Count center Evan Epstein as a guy who is looking forward to getting back into a routine.
“I don’t like bye weeks as much as other guys,” Epstein said. “I think that kind of takes you out of a flow that you end up getting into. We’re so used to our schedule, and I think when you have an eight-week stretch (of games), it kind of helps out.
“You’ve just got to make sure you stay healthy and stay mentally in the game.”
The two bye weeks did benefit Epstein’s health, however. He injured his ankle late in OSU’s game against Arizona and missed the ULL contest. But he returned to start against Texas and said Monday the ankle feels fine.
“Honestly, if you’re going to get injured, I probably got injured at the greatest time of the entire season,” Epstein said. “So I’m glad to have got that out of the way and move on from that.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients