OSU-Kansas: Halftime thoughts, notes and stats
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com – @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma State leads Kansas 10-0 at half. Here are some thoughts, notes and stats:
-It was a long and ugly half – delayed more than an hour by lightning – and capped off by a shanked Quinn Sharp field goal. Not pretty to watch.
-Vegas set the over/under on this game at 71.5 points. There was a combined 10 in the first half.
-I’ve never seen so many attempted, and missed, fourth downs in the same half. The teams combined to go 0-5 on the risky tries, all of which came with terrible execution and little chance for a first down. The game started with four turnover on downs, two by each team, basically nullifying the first 10 minutes.
-The OSU defense, consistently scrutinized and challenged through a rough stretch to start the season, pitched a first-half shutout. No matter the circumstance, zero points on the scoreboard can be considered a positive. But don’t start calling the Pokes’ defensive unit Alabama 2.0. This had a lot more to do with Kansas doing a nice Savannah State impression.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients