Parker Graham using Mike Gundy’s comments about OL’s lack of physicality against KU as motivation
In the days following Oklahoma State’s narrow 20-14 win over Kansas, coach Mike Gundy has continued to point to a lack of physicality up front as one reason why the Cowboy offense had troubles moving the football.
Those are not words an offensive lineman wants to hear.
“As the offensive line, you want to be the most physical unit on the field at all times,” left tackle Parker Graham said. “I think we’re really going to take (Gundy’s comments) and use it as motivation this week and get after each other on offense and defense and see what we can do.”
By often stacking the box, the Jayhawks were the first team this season to really slow down the Cowboys’ rushing attack. Joseph Randle came into the game as the nation’s sixth-leading rusher, but gained just 80 yards on 29 carries (2.8 yards per carry).
Graham said he notices several similarities between KU’s style of defense and OSU’s next opponent, Iowa State. The Cyclones currently rank 36th in the nation in rushing defense, allowing 126 yards per game, and feature two dynamic linebackers in Jake Knott (57 tackles) and A.J. Klein (50).
The Cowboys struggled to run the football against ISU last season, as Randle and Jeremy Smith combined for just 60 yards on 18 carries. Randle also fumbled twice, which got him benched in the second half.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients