Wes Lunt watch: Any thoughts of a medical redshirt?
It’s been more than a month since Oklahoma State starting quarterback Wes Lunt played in a game. And heading into Saturday’s contest against Iowa State, his status is still questionable, at least publicly.
If Lunt is not ready to go against the Cyclones, we will have reached the halfway point of the season with the true freshman playing in one game (Arizona), one quarter (Savannah State) and less than one drive (Louisiana-Lafayette). And with two losses already in the books for OSU, has there been any talk of medically redshirting Lunt?
“No, because we didn’t have a clue when he was going to come back,” OSU coach Mike Gundy said. “Certainly, when he was laying on the field out there, everybody thought he was done for the season, so it was not anything that would have to be up for discussion.
“Then we found out that it wasn’t that type of injury. Now, it just became a day to day basis on stability and strength and pain tolerance.”
So when will we see Lunt again? Perhaps this weekend. Perhaps not. But since finding out the injury was not of the season-ending variety, the plan has always been to bring him back sometime in 2012.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients