Pokes Preview: Oklahoma State hosts Iowa State for Homecoming
After a lackluster performance in sloppy weather last week at Kansas, Oklahoma State returns home to host Iowa State Saturday afternoon. The Cyclones, of course, are the team that knocked the Cowboys out of the national championship game a year ago with a thrilling 37-31 double-overtime victory.
The Cowboy Radio Network’s pregame show revealed that J.W. Walsh will start at quarterback, while Tracy Moore (ankle) and Isaiah Anderson (finger) are both out. Walsh struggled throwing the ball downfield last week against KU, and it certainly didn’t help that two of his top targets were missing for much of the contest. Without the two senior leaders on the outside, guys like Josh Stewart, Blake Jackson, Charlie Moore — and possibly a youngster like Austin Hays — will need to step up.
Does Joseph Randle bounce back?
Bounce back from a bad game last week, and bounce back from a bad performance against Iowa State last season. KU was the first team to slow Randle down in 2012, limiting him to just 80 yards on 29 carries. And last season in Ames, Randle fumbled twice and was benched for much of the second half, which took one of OSU’s most dynamic weapons off the field on the night when the 2011 edition of the offense sputtered the most.
Is “revenge” a factor?
This was a hot topic with player interviews this week, and it seemed to depend on who you asked. It’s sure to be an emotionally charged atmosphere, with it also being Homecoming. That can work in favor of the Pokes, or against them.
Spoiler: Considering OSU went 0-for-3 on these last week, we’re going with the same goals as last week.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims
- 3653Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3534Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3111Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients