Mike Gundy on Oklahoma State controlling Big 12 title destiny: “Easier said than done”
Entering this weekend’s games, only two teams control their own destiny to capture the Big 12 title.
One, of course, is Kansas State, a team that is 7-0, has already won at Oklahoma and at West Virginia and is third in the latest BCS standings.
The other is Oklahoma State, because it has one conference loss and K-State, Texas Tech and OU still ahead on the schedule.
“Easier said than done,” coach Mike Gundy said when assessing the road ahead.
“I think the interesting concept with our league right now is we would all agree than Kansas State is ahead of everybody. Not that I’m going to sit here and comment on the entire league. I think Oklahoma’s played pretty well lately. They’ve gained some ground.
“And then the rest of us, for the way we’re playing, I think you’ve got to limit your mistakes, you’ve got to play with effort, you’ve got to stay as healthy as possible. And offensively, it’s all about big plays. And then defensively, it’s about forcing turnovers.
“That’s the fun thing with our league right now with fans and media, and not so fun for coaches.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3362Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3190Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3174Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients