Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy talks wacky sideline habits
It’s pretty well-documented that TCU coach Gary Patterson has a habit of constantly pulling up his pants and tying his shoes on the sideline.
Check out this video of former Horned Frogs’ quarterback Andy Dalton imitating his old coach:
During the television broadcast of TCU’s triple-overtime loss to Texas Tech, Patterson’s behavior was fully on display. And Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy admitted he noticed the shoe tying when asked during Monday’s press conference if he had any superstitions or nervous habits.
“I’ve never really watched TCU play an entire game (until last week), because they weren’t in our league, and I just didn’t,” Gundy said. “…I thought whoever that equipment manager is, they’ve got to get him some shoestrings that stay tied.
“I was going to give him a hard time, but you spilled the beans there on me.”
Back to the original question: Does Gundy have any wacky sideline rituals?
“I flip my (headset) switch on and off if I get tired of hearing (offensive coordinator Todd) Monken cuss,” Gundy said. “I go to the other deal, because (defensive coordinator) Bill Young’s just as calm as all, and it’s peaceful for me. Then I flip it back and forth.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5865Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5834Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5724Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients