A quick look at Oklahoma State’s brutal four-game stretch
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com – @anthonyVslater
The Big 12′s unmatched depth, featuring nine teams with legit bowl aspirations, makes for a winding schedule with constant land mines.
Be prepared each week, or you’re bound to leave with a loss.
But even the parity-driven conference has its lighter patches and daunting gauntlets.
Oklahoma State is coming out of the former (with relatively easy wins over Kansas, Iowa State and TCU), ready to begin the latter.
Let’s take a quick look at the Cowboys hardest four-game stretch of the season:
The rankings are as of last week. I’ll update once the new BCS standings come out tonight
Big wins: at Oklahoma / at West Virginia / vs Texas Tech
The Wildcats are for real. Any lingering doubt (and there was plenty) should have been put to rest during the past few dominant performances. And the Cowboys have to face them at home, in front of what’s expected to be a rowdy night environment. Not the easiest of chores for a true freshman quarterback, but this provides the perfect stage for Oklahoma State to make a national statement. One year after losing out on the title game with a late season loss, OSU can turn the tables, spoiling the BCS championship hopes of the nation’s #2 seed and reentering the college football discussion. Sounds great in theory, until you meet Collin Klein at the line of scrimmage.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients