Opponent watch: Mid-week Kansas State links
As we move closer to No. 24 Oklahoma State’s huge showdown at No. 2 Kansas State Saturday night in Manhattan, here are some Wildcat links from the Kansas City Star, Wichita Eagle and Topeka Capital-Journal.
Kansas City Star
Blair Kerkoff takes a look at the most recent BCS mess, with Alabama, Oregon, Notre Dame and K-State all undefeated.
A comparison between what OSU was going through last season — undefeated, Heisman candidate at quarterback, etc. — and K-State’s road this season.
Linebacker and team leader Tre Walker is on crutches with a knee injury. He could miss the game Saturday.
More on K-State’s BCS hopes.
Kellis Robinett’s work also goes to the Star (some of it is linked above), but here is the Eagle’s K-State blog.
Collin Klein’s Heisman run reminds columnist Kevin Haskin of Michael Bishop’s.
How last season’s loss to OSU helped K-State gain confidence.
Mike Gundy talked about this plenty on Monday, but here’s more on the Wildcats’ balanced offense.
More on the BCS, and how it compares to OSU’s run last season.
Here’s the CJ’s college sports blog.
K-State is trying to “avoid distractions.” #Gundyism
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients