Mike Gundy, Joseph Randle talk Bill Snyder
Bill Snyder is working magic at Kansas State again, turning the Wildcats into a national title contender in his fourth season since coming out of retirement.
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has naturally interacted with Snyder from time to time. Cowboy running back Joseph Randle is a Wichita native, and both he and his brother, John, were recruited by K-State. Gundy and Randle spoke this week about what makes Snyder one of the greatest coaches in college football.
“I don’t really know him very well. Have a lot of respect for him, for a variety of reasons. I’m told that he works a lot and doesn’t socialize a lot, and I don’t socialize a lot. We’ve always had nice conversations when we were in the same environment. He’s brought a lot to the table. I think he’s a great example of what strengths and what influence a coach can have on an organization or a team and a school. He did it once, which we would all agree could be, arguably, maybe the greatest coaching job ever in college football history. Then he left and came back, and he’s got them in position again.”
“I just know about his legacy around Kansas. He’s a local legend in Kansas, and really everywhere. He’s old school. Faith, family and football — that’s his three things he always talks about. He talked about them every time I was around him, even back when I was little, with my brother he’d talk about the same things (during recruitment). So he definitely is consistent himself, and maybe that rubs off on his team.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients