Know your foe: Five questions with KC Star/Wichita Eagle beat writer Kellis Robinett
Each week, I’ll check in with the beat writer who covers Oklahoma State’s opponent to get some perspective on the game from the other side.
Kellis Robinett covers Kansas State for the Kansas City Start and Wichita Eagle. You can read his work here or follow him on Twitter at @KellisRobinett
Here’s our exchange:
Gina Mizell: Have to start with Collin Klein. Obviously, he’s the Heisman frontrunner right now. But where have you seen his game develop most this season?
Kellis Robinett: He is a much more confident passer than he was a year ago. The mechanics are still about the same, but he is completing more passes because he is very good at reading defenses and knows where he should throw the ball.
GM: What’s been the key to K-State’s improvement on defense this season?
KR: K-State’s secondary is playing better than almost anyone thought possible. Nigel Malone is more or less the same cornerback he was last season, but now Allen Chapman is playing at a high level and so is first-year starter Randall Evans. Jarard Milo stepped up at safety in place of Tysyn Hartman and Ty Zimmerman is having a special season. They all know their zone-coverage assignments, and do a good job of disguising them.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients