OSU-Kansas State: Halftime thoughts, notes, stats and quotes
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com – @anthonyVslater
Kansas State leads Oklahoma State 31-17 at halftime in Manhattan
- As expected, Collin Klein’s been the star, throwing for 178 yards and running for 41 more in the first half. He’s shown an improved arm and his typically methodical running style, well on his way to a 9-0 record and a firmer stranglehold on the Heisman race.
- The 100-yard Tyler Lockett kick return was a killer, and something OSU has continually fallen victim to over the past few seasons, including the Texas loss earlier this year. It was terrible coverage, with no Cowboy within five yards of Lockett on the play and Quinn Sharp attempting to race him instead of tackle him.
- But the special teams sting didn’t last long, as Desmond Roland fielded the ensuing kickoff (a short one) and bursted through the K-State coverage for the backend of a return TD explosion, reminiscent to the OSU-Texas game last year.
- Desmond Roland now has one more kick return touchdown and the same amount of interceptions as Justin Gilbert this year.
- Speaking of Gilbert, Mike Gundy subtly called him out earlier this week. He didn’t answer the bell in the first 30 minutes, getting burned on a double-move and committing a costly pass interference.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.