Depth chart update: The return of the “OR” at quarterback
Well, knowing for sure who Oklahoma State’s starting quarterback would be was fun while it lasted.
After Wes Lunt was knocked out of the Cowboys’ loss at No. 2 Kansas State Saturday night with an undisclosed injury, whether he or Clint Chelf will get the nod against West Virginia is up in the air. And that’s reflected on the depth chart, as Lunt “or” Chelf is listed as the starter.
Gundy, as expected, didn’t offer any updates or details on Lunt’s injury during his Sunday evening media teleconference. But Cowboy Radio Network sideline reporter Robert Allen said during the game broadcast that Lunt was nauseous and had glassy eyes while being examined by the OSU medical staff on the sideline. Offensive coordinator Todd Monken also hinted that Chelf likely needs to be ready to start against the Mountaineers, saying “there’s probably a good chance he’ll have another opportunity coming this week.”
Other minor changes and updates on the depth chart:
No more “or” between Jeremy Smith and Desmond Roland at backup running back. Smith, who was hobbled by an ankle injury last month, got three carries against K-State, while Roland did not get any.
Charlie Moore “or” Isaiah Anderson is still listed as a starting outside receiver. Anderson is still working his way back after injuring his finger against Kansas on Oct. 13, but he did record one catch for 11 yards against K-State. Moore shined again Saturday night, catching seven passes for 135 yards and a touchdown. He’s scored in four consecutive games.
Blake Webb has passed Nick Rockwell as the backup at the other outside receiver spot. So the two-deep there is two true freshmen (Austin Hays is the starter).
David Glidden is now listed as the backup punt returner behind Moore. They both went back to return punts against K-State, something Josh Cooper and Colton Chelf did at times last season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7436Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6757Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6289UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients