By the numbers: Oklahoma State no longer No. 1 in total offense
We all know that the numbers don’t tell the whole story (or as Todd Monken would say, “stats are, really, for losers”). But each week, we’ll update where Oklahoma State ranks in the NCAA’s major statistical categories.
For the first time this season, Oklahoma State is not No. 1 in the nation in total offense.
The Cowboys have slipped to No. 2.
OSU’s numbers on that side of the ball are still quite prolific of course, ranking in the top 20 in the nation in rushing, passing and scoring offense, as well.
On the other side, the Cowboys now rank dead last in the nation in kickoff return defense after allowing a 100-yarder for a score to Kansas State’s Tyler Lockett. It’s the second return for a score OSU has allowed this season.
OSU is also still near the bottom of the nation in turnover margin (110th) and turnovers gained (tied for 111th). The Cowboys did not force any against K-State Saturday night.
Top of the heap
2. Total offense (575.88 yards per game)
3. Passing offense (355.88 per game)
3. Sacks allowed (0.50 per game)
5. Net punting (41.56 yards per punt)
8. Scoring offense (42.50 points per game)
10. Kickoff returns (26.77 yards per return)
10. First down offense (27.38 per game)
12. Red zone offense (91 percent)
19. Third down conversion percentage (47.9 percent)
20. Rushing offense (220 yards per game)
T24. Third down conversion percentage defense (33.33 percent)
27. Pass efficiency (150.31 rating)
T30. Fumbles lost (6)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7035Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6666Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients